Thursday, October 14, 2010

Better Photos and WIP textbook layout

Okay! so the first two are drawings I did last year that were on display for a while-finally got better pictures of them :)

Then I just finished my layout for my midterm piece for my Anatomical Drawing class.
Its a textbook layout about Carpal tunnel syndrome and Ulnar compression.

The drawings are basically sketches. Want to include the bones in the first one and draw the nerves more accurately, plus add colour to the cross-section. Then fix up the hands on the right side so they are less wobble-y.

If anyone has advice about the layout- I would love to hear it! :D




2 comments:

  1. HEY SARA

    so the layout:
    I think it looks pretty good. The only thing you might want to do is find more ways to visually separate the sections and/or the pictures. There is perhaps a little too much white space at the moment.

    Samples:
    http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p208/paispics/Paisley%20McClellan%20Samples/Textbook1.jpg
    -this one clearly isn't appropriate for an upper-level science textbook but the idea of boxing things off with simple colors is something. Obviously don't make it quite so kiddy.

    http://designsbyleanne.com/portfolio_images/6.jpg
    -This one is somewhat better though probably still a little too much going on for your purpose. However, this one does have examples of subtler ways to section things off with the dotted line, bold certain text, subheadings, underline, etc.


    I like the simplicity of your design and I think that is essential for your purpose, but you could still add a few subtle things to help section things off.

    JUST TRYING TO HELP KTHXBYE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the advice! :)

    Thanks Sean

    ReplyDelete